My week of Friday the 13th's

Been a rough week.

DD was able to sing with the RD Symphany Orchestra on Monday night. It was an awesome opportunity and the kids enjoyed it so much. DS wasn't to enthralled with going. After the very first song, he says in that, louder than ever, 5 year old voice, that didn't take long, can we go now? Laughter all around on that one.

DD told me she had fallen asleep in class at school, and her throat hurt. She did not eat supper. I thought the sore throat was from singing. During the night she wakes me up. SHe was burning with fever. So Tuesday morning I head off to the walk in clinic. I decide to take DS with me to avoid the fight of having him go to daycare. Last week twice he told me he had "nails" in his ears. He said they didn't hurt, he didn't act like they hurt. I wondered if he had put something in them. I ask the doctor to take a look when DD was being looked at.

DD has strep. Not good. Strep terrifies me, my niece had strep turn into flesh eating disease four years ago, it terrifies me.

DS eardrum is cracked bulging and almost ruptured. Doctor told me DS was actually in worse shape than DD.

So we go to the store to get the antibiotics filled, buy some soft mushy things to eat, and head home. This all took from 8:30 am till noon.

So a slow day at home, sick kids, not much sleep. I also find out my washing machine is cratered. No washing machine with sick kids is not good.

So next day DD gets to go to Grandma's, and DS to kindergarten (he is not contagious), huge huge huge temper tantrum. OMG, the one monday was bad, this one was worse.

I get to work, and notice my computer screen says, shutting down, it was hung from Monday night. SO I have no computer all of Wednesday and half of Thursday, and after missing the day before. My work is my computer.

So yesterday DH comes in after work to take DS back to doctor to get ear rechecked. It is coming along nicely. How the heck it could be that bad, without him showing any signs is a mystery to me.

DD is going back in today, to the actually family doctor, she does not seem to be getting better. Her fever did break, but she is still not right. The walk in doctor figured she would be all better today, to enjoy the weekend. She is not.

Then daycare calls me. Seems we forgot to return Fancy the frog. arrrgggg.

I need to buy a new washing machine, and man are they expensive.

Comments

Cheyenne said…
Good grief woman...when it rains it pours at your house. I can only hope everyone gets better and soon.
Washing machines are not too bad if you get one that has the least amount of bells and whistles on. Some things they put on them these days aren't needed or used. Also, if you stick to the bare bones they won't croak so quickly with all those added features.
Yankee said…
Man, sorry you've had such a week. Maybe all the bad vibes for the year will be out of your house now.
Do you have a store near you that has a "dent and scratch section". These are usually new models that have been bumped along the way.
Paula... said…
Oh dear you've certainly had a full plate - I hope DS & DD are feeling a whole lot better now!! As for the washing machine - yep damn expensive!!! I feel like we're handing over money left, right and centre at the moment due to household items breaking down (at least we did manage to get 17 years out of a couple of them!!).

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Back to school