Stamina

I've always been an outdoors person.  Growing up on a farm had me outdoors my entire childhood. There was nothing more fun than being out of doors.  Snow, sun, rain, cold, I loved it.  Being kept indoors was like a punishment.
I've never been one to enjoy working out inside a gym.  I'd rather be out doing stuff outside.  Walking, hiking climbing.
Stamina has been a struggle for me this year.  Is it the 40+ pounds I've gained in the last 12 months?  Is it the inactivity of our long extended snowy winter? Eight months of snow is excessive. Is it the heart meds I take?
Taking Austin to Bower Ponds today and walking the trails had me huffing and puffing and gasping for air like a drowning guppy. He did better running with his asthma than I did just walking. There are some hills, but simple terrain.  I've been on these paths for the last 15 years. Why do they seem so hard right now?
Last year I wasn't driving in the spring. I never had a chance to go to Bower Ponds. I walked on relatively flat paths near home.   But being only six months out of the hospital that felt better and was easier than this year seems to be.  I'm wondering why?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Back to school