Memory and muppets



A couple nights ago I was watching Muppets Take Manhatten, with my son. Kermit the frog gets injured, has amnesia, forgets everything, then miss piggy decks him and he gets his memory back. If only it was that simple.

The loss of long term term (2009-2012) for me, then the SCA fog, and subsequent broken short term memory has severely impacted all aspects of my life.

Doctors say, what I get back in two years is what I get back, but that's so not helpful.

But that huge three year hole in my life is so detrimental. It's like I went to sleep with a 6 & 9 year old and woke up with a 9 year old and a teen.
Friends died, babies were born, people married or divorced. I met people, friendships ended. And omg technology advanced. I bought furniture, and clothing. And really it's like I walked into a strangers life the day I left the hospital.

For as much as its hard or inconvenient for those around me, it's absolute he'll on me. Every single minute.  It doesn't go away it hasn't just disappeared, and it certainly hasn't come back. 

If Miss Piggy could just deck me eh?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Using February 2024 Template Bundle by Connie Prince