Thing 3 ..... Gets me again.

After my SCA I couldn't remember the initials ICD let alone implantable Cardioverter defibrillator. Could not do it. While referring to it, it became that THING, the Thingy, you know the Thing. Then it needed removed. Months later I was going back under for a new fangled subcutaneous one. It was to be called a Thing 2. But upon waking up I'm told, Thing 2, died a quick death, and therefore Thing 3 was in me.

Thing, Thing 2, and Thing 3.

Altogether have caused untold pain in my life. Four surgeries in total. Implant, Explant, Debridement, and Implant.

The initial implant site under my left collarbone can hurt like hell. It's a strong deep ache at times.

The actual device sitting along my left ribs though causes PAIN. Red hot fiery pain. Without being careful, bending over can feel like the device is tearing it's way out of me. Something simple like tie-ing shoes, is agony. Lower cupboards, the fridge, items off floor can cause me to see stars the pain is so severe. Not sure why Thing 3 does this. I'm told it's nerve damage. The implant of Thing 2, then quick explant, and implant of Thing 3 within hours did damage. I'm not liking it at all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Back to school