Difference of opinion

Today I was told if I didn't follow two recommendations put forth by counseling  that they felt there was nothing they could do. Her words were they would not be inclined to help further.

The two recommendations are:
1) eliminate all TV, electronics, games, internet, social media, movies, computers
2) enroll the kids in as many activities as I can possibly schedule them into

Fulfilling these two recommendations is supposed to fix my sons Aspergers. Doing this is also supposed to make Alexis and I all better.  It is apparently these things that are causing our issues.

It's not that our family has undergone a humongous trauma over the past two years.  It's not that Aspergers seems to get worse at puberty. It's not that we have a genetic condition that won't just magically fix itself. Who wouldn't suffer severe anxiety under the circumstances?

I'm frustrated. I'm overwhelmed. I don't know where to turn.

I was seeking a safe, non-judge mental place my children could speak to someone about the trauma they have experienced.  Is that to much to ask?

I had no other alternative offered, which left me to say, "let's leave it at that then".

I can bet they aren't losing any sleep over it, like I am.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Back to school