Oops did it again

A little over a week ago my kids and I participated in a Friday night "amazing race" community event.  Many different mini-events. Not intense but repetitive.  It was fun we all enjoyed it.  But the next day I hurt in places I didn't remember could hurt.

Roll forward to Wednesday and my son learns to ride a two wheeled bike.  Huge accomplishment.  It's taken six years. Huge accomplishment.  Saturday I go to ride with him and falter getting started.  The pedal rakes the entire side of my leg and lodges behind my knee. I fall forward onto the crossbar. I hurt places that shouldn't be hurt. The handle bars jab me in the side getting me on my S-ICD.   I saw stars.  I came down hard and weird on my ankle trying not to fall.
I hurt, am bruised and am limping.

When will I learn I'm not his age?  I remember always resenting my mom as a kid when I was always told by her she was too old to do anything with me.  I was five years older when I had my son.  I don't want to tell him I'm too old, and especially don't want to tell him I'm too ill.

When and how do I get my stamina back? Is it the betas? Is it the SCAs from two years ago? The long forced hospitalization? I want to enjoy my kids lives, not sit on the sidelines.  How do I do that?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Using February 2024 Template Bundle by Connie Prince