Viewpoint of a little boy

Austin is cuddled up next to me on the couch tonight.  Not sure if something prompted him or not but he says I sure wish I had a Grandpa.

That is one thing about waiting later in life to have kids.   The grandparents just aren't able to do what younger ones can.   Myles Mom was 80 when I had Alexis and Austin was 10 years older than her.  My Mom was 30 when she had me and I was 33.  It makes for elderly grandparents.

Then Austin says I'm sure glad I still have you Mom.

Made my heart melt.

But it brings to my mind the worry and issue of the kids if something happens to me, or worse if something happens to Myles.   We have no family that would be good for the kids.  It's a very scary proposition now that I'm diagnosed with a sudden death syndrome.   Throw in that the kids could have it, and future care is a huge issue.

There are heavy heavy thoughts that I don't know where to take.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Using February 2024 Template Bundle by Connie Prince