August 12, 2010

My little girl has been 10 for a month already, now how did that happen?

My seven year old updates me daily that he STILL does not have a loose tooth,  he is very upset about not having lost any yet.

Kids have been in a variety of summer day camps all summer, as I am a working MOm, and Dad is a work away Dad.

DD has done a science camp at the local college, a dance camp, a girls rock camp, a sleep away camp, a week at Sunny Brook farm and museum, a climbing camp, and of course her summer will end with a whole week at a girl guide camp.  (She is willing to miss one week of family vacation to go to it.)

DS has been in a sports camp at the local college, did a Kinship camp with the Learning Disabilities Society,  been in the general sport camps at our local sports faciltiy (swim, gym, gymnastics, climbing etc), and two weeks at Sunny brook farm and museum. 

That should be seven each.  It is expensive, very expensive, but I know they are well taken care of and they get to do so much during the day.  DD comes home physically tired out, and DS well DS is DS.  Sometimes the D is darling, sometimes some other choice D words.

When we get back from holidays he has an appointment with a new pediatrician, that hopefully will get some diagnostics done so that we can begin to treat him, and that he will begin to excell to be what he can be.  That is all I want, him to excell to his extent, not my extent, not anyone elses extent, just his.  I want to see a happy smiling little boy (big boy he is seven after all), not such a sad dejected mini person that has big black eyes from crying and is so so unhappy.  Isn't that what most parents want, is their kids to be happy?

DH and I are still attempting to repair our relationship.  He has not had a drink since June 26.  He seems to be doing okay, says he is doing okay, I can see the stress hit him at times.  My job right now is stress from hades, and not helping the whole situation.

We are going to head off to Great Falls next week sometime, and meet up with one of my old SJ friends.  I feel so bad everytime I basically drive by her front door and not stop to meet up.  This year it will happen.

I have been having very hard thoughts lately.  Very hard thoughts.  I am just unsure how to proceed with all that life is throwing at me right now.  How does a person after being beat down, and mistreated all their life, have the gumption to decide that they are "worthy?"  I don't know how to do that, I need help, and do not know where to turn.

Comments

Paula... said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paula... said…
your kids are so lucky having such great summer camps - what a great variety.

Keep your chin up and don't let things get you down - choose to be happy every day and win over those dark thoughts!

Thinking of you.

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Back to school