Yesterday was Canada Day

I decided to take the kids and my mom to the local canada day celebration.

Within two minutes of getting there DD is going I am bored, then DS picked it up. He didn't want to walk around, look at any of the booths, get a flag, get tattoos, nothing....

I was not about to stay and listen to that crap all afternoon...

So DD stayed with mom, and I took DS home

On the bus he asks me if I am mad at him, I told him I was disappointed at the decision he made, that I had really wanted to be there and because he wanted to be miserable, I didn't get what I wanted to do. I told him that made me sad.

As we are walking from the bus drop off to the van, he asks me how long Daddy and I have been married, I tell him Daddy and I have been together for a long long time. He says well WHEN did you get married. I tell him we never did.

So he stops and hugs me and says, that when he grows up he will marry me and make me happy. LOL (I didn't know boys did that) LOL

I reinforced later as he was going in his car seat that if someone wants to be happy they make the choices to be happy, if they want to be miserable they make the choices to be miserable.

It was like a huge huge light bulb going off in my brain. Like an epiphany.
How the heck can I be telling my five year old that when I cannot even figure out how to follow that in my own life?????

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Back to school