Discovering History

With some gentle encouragement  from some friends I decided to pursue getting my medical records from my illness.  I've thought about it often, but never been brave enough to carry through. I've even taken screen shots of addresses to write. On one occasion I even emailed for information to find out how. But I just never carried through.
In late October for an medical appointment I had, I needed to complete a form.  I couldn't do it because I really don't know what all happened to me. My family didn't keep records, I certainly didn't know. In mid October on a Sunday afternoon I sat down and filled out three letters. One to a Red Deer Hospital, one to Foothills Hospital, and one to Alberta Health Care for a statement of benefits.

Today I received that statement.  It's nine pages of itemized payments to service providers from Alberta Health.  It covers the time period of July 2012 to November 2014. Services for office visits, procedures, and consultations.  During that time period AHC paid out $39,248.72.

It seems like such a small insignificant amount.  It's my life.  My life is held within that amount.

I'm going to follow up and find out about other charges and payments, hospitals, ICDs, ambulances, things like that will substantially increase it.

It's a very unnerving feeling. I'm not sure I'm prepared for the opening of Pandoras Box. But the wheels are set in motion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Using February 2024 Template Bundle by Connie Prince