Christmas 2013

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care..........doesn't that just draw the prettiest picture?  I wonder how many places are actually that picture perfect then I get on pinterest and see the perfect pictures and shake my head.
Reality is far from picture perfect in my life.  I often think that Murpheys Law (if something can go wrong it will) actually was written about me.  I believe it even more these dye.
But I still find humor and beauty in the small things.  I found it laugh out loudable that my sister told mei was hosting Christmas next year whether I died again or not.  The nettinei die it better be permanent so i guess I'm hosting from the other side.
Driving home in the dark and slowing down to see the beautifully lit yard was an experience.
Truly this Christmas was made possible for us by local charities and the friendship and generosity f people from around the world.      It's a very humbling situation to find yourself in. The saying goes that the giving is more important than the receiving but truly joy in children's eyes is the real gift.
Our first Christmas without Lilly.  We all miss her so much. I know she is looking down on us, but dang we miss her.
My Mom is failing far to fast.  Although it was rather humorous having to guess who all her gift were meant for. She never put a name tag on a single one.
I ask Austin tonight at bedtime how his Christmas was.  He faced his first real disappointments in the gift arena this year.  He hugged me and said it was awesome.
I'll echo that sentiment, Christmas 2013 was awesome.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Using February 2024 Template Bundle by Connie Prince